Being a “grown-up” is hard.
We all want to get life right, yet life often acts upon us in ways we could never have imagined or desired. Losses, stressors, trauma and hurts become like unwanted souvenirs. We carry them with us day after day. Often, we feel stuck in life, bogged down by responsibilities and trapped in less-than desirable behavior patterns which prevent us from living a fulfilling life.
We view challenges, opportunities, hurts and interactions through the lens of our past experiences. These perspectives shape our thoughts, beliefs, reactions and actions. Counseling therapy is designed to uncover these beliefs and create an understanding of how they help or hurt us in everyday life. It examines what we are doing right and what we can do better or differently. Impactful therapy challenges us to assess the meaning we assign to our life experiences and whether that meaning is valid, helpful and how it motivates our choices and behavior. Counseling provides a forum to practice new behaviors, receive feedback and process feelings in a safe and confidential manner.
Our passion is helping clients achieve hope, healing and wellness. Utilizing highly researched and evidence-based therapeutic modalities such as Cognitive-Behavior Therapy (CBT), Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT), Solutions-Focused Brief Therapy (SFBT), Eye Movement Desensitization & Reprocessing (EMDR), and the Prepare & Enrich Marital Curriculum, our therapists help uncover your deepest desires, passions and life goals. Through acknowledging vulnerabilities, growth areas, past hurts and fears, we create a customized plan to help you change your life and begin to act from a place of balance, healing, intention, and purpose. Our expertise includes the following areas:
- Adjustment Disorders
- Anger Management
- Anxiety & Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder
- Assertiveness Training, Interview Skills & Self-Presentation
- Attachment Issues
- Bariatric Surgery Evaluations or those considering Surgical Weight Loss
- Career Challenges
- Childhood Trauma
- Co-Parenting & Single Parenting
- Divorce, Divorce Contemplation, Coaching, Recovery & Blended Families
- Eating Disorders, Anorexia, Bulimia, Binge Eating Disorder, Body Dysmorphic Disorder, Obesity
- Empty Nest
- Financial Issues
- Feeling Stuck
- Intimacy & Romance
- Life Transitions & Intentional Living
- Men’s/Women’s Issues
- Parenting Plans
- Personal Growth, Wellness & Mindfulness
- Postpartum Depression
- Pre-Marital/Engagement Therapy – Certified Prepare & Enrich Facilitators
- Relationship Issues
- Self-Care/Body Image/Self-Image
- Spiritual Issues/Concerns
- Trauma & Loss (EMDR Trained Therapists)
Counseling from the Christian perspective is provided upon request. Tele-mental health and online video sessions are also available. Should you require additional services, we are prepared to offer additional referrals as needed.